MSE Halloween Show Jumping - Results Oct 16, 2012 15:59:44 GMT -5
Post by Morning Star Equestrian on Oct 16, 2012 15:59:44 GMT -5
Start: 10.08.2012 End: 11.11.2012
Start: 10.08.2012 End: 11.11.2012
NOTE: I started this on the Equus Forum and inspired by Kristen placing her show on both forums, I copied mine over here as well. If you are a member of both sites, please only enter one of them
As some of you may know from visiting my website, I love Halloween and I'm planning a big content themed release for the week of the holiday. However before we all get free candy, let’s see your creativity and jumping skills!
We already have a Cross-Country/Trail Ride event (hosted by Elysian Fields, found here for Equus members or here for WHS's Halloween Event) so MSE decided to keep up the spirit by hosting a Halloween Show Jumping Event. My rules are a bit different however.
1. Non-Fantasy Sims/Horses (no fantasy sims or equines allowed)
2. Non-Fantasy Sims in Costume (no fantasy sims or equines allowed, sim and/or horse must be in costume)
3. Fantasy Sims/Horses (allowed: unicorns, pegasi, werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc)
Note: Children and teens are allowed to enter all three classes. If there are enough child participants, in my judging, I may split them into a separate class. Please adjust the height of the jumps appropriately and be careful which poses you chose to use with them (show jumping can be dangerous, I don't think we should see a child with a rushing horse or an extreme rollback).
1. Must be Halloween themed
2. If using gore, please preface your post for viewers (I, however, have no issue with it)
3. The extent of your decorations depends on the story you wish to present. If you are a professional rider, maybe the course is in an indoor arena, just with minimal Halloween decorations. If you are a supernatural, there is no telling what the course may look like.
4. The creativity of the course will affect judging. This does not mean you have to download a bunch of CC and make a course that has terrible load times. I’d like to see a course appropriate to how you wish to present your character.
Five photos required for this event.
2. Jumping any fence
4. Jumping any fence in a combination (second fence in front or behind must be visible in the picture)
5. Horse spook – this is a Spooky show and strange décor is a must. What caused your normally brave jumper to be spooked on the course? Maybe a jack-o-lantern with glowing eyes? A hovering spirit? Refused a scary looking jump? Creativity!
Note: I will allow an extra photo to be posted (grants no points), just in case you feel especially in the Halloween spirit.
Class 1: Normal Jumping attire required for this event
A. Polo or Jacket with white/tan breeches
B. Gloves required
C. Brown/black tall boots
D. Helmet Required
E. Whips/crops optional
a. Brown/black jumping saddle with matching bridle (no dressage bridles; pelhams allowed)
b. Wraps/boots optional
c. Martingales/breast collars optional (please no Western type breast collars as they do not fit the jumping saddle)
Sim and horse
A. If wearing a costume, it must not be restricting, allowing for free movement
B. Helmet, long pants, tall boots, etc still apply, but it how you present them depends on your costume
C. See Below post for the best show jumpers in costume for ideas!
Sim and Horse - AMENDED
A. I’m not going to be very restrictive on this, but adhere to the standard attire for the horse best you can (ie, saddle, bridle, etc). I know the wings appear in the saddle category so this will be difficult for winged horses, but I am aware of this. You may edit the tack how you wish to incorporate it in to a costume. I just don't want to see bridle-less, bareback horses.
B. For the rider, I changed my mind, all costumes allowed. No restriction, but must be a costume or represent your supernatural character, not just you were too lazy to change your Sim out of it's everyday clothes. To clarify, if your Sim is a fairy, and wears standard riding attire, I won't count against it as the wings will represent the supernatural aspect. However, if you want to dress your Sim up more extravagantly, I won't say no.
C. Helmet is not required. Most of the supernatural sims are already dead or can die only a special way.
1. Rider Limit: Three rider and horse pairs per stable. This means one stable can have 3 rider/horse pairs enter Class 1 or have one rider/horse enter Class 1, another Class 2, and the final Class 3 or any combination of the 3 classes.
No cross entering horses or riders. Rider A cannot enter Class 1 with Horse A and then enter Class 2 with Horse B. I am envisioning the courses to be different across the classes (Class 1 with focus on jump decor, Class 2 with focus on rider/horse "decor" and Class 3 focus on both rider/horse and jump decor). Therefore, to me at least, it wouldn't make sense to have the same horse or rider cross enter classes.
2. Breeds: All breeds allowed, but if using a pony or draft, please use appropriate sized jumps. If I see a draft jumping 1.5m I’m not going to be very inclined to place them. Horses do not need to be registered.
3. All photo editing allowed. As with my previous show, this minimally affects my judging and I see it as rather limiting if I disallowed it since we don’t actually have costumes for horses aside from a few markings.
4. Classes will be combined if not enough participants
5. Points awarded according to the Equus Standard point system.
1. If you own Ambitions/Late Night, use of the fog emitter (found in buydebug) to create effects is encouraged.
2. If making a fountain or pool, remember you can change the wallpaper/bottom tiles. Use this to create black, red, green, or whatever color of water.
3. If you are not opposed to CC, many creators have Halloween content and even the Sims Store offers a few small packs. Simple google search will provide you links.
4. Use different colors and patterns to your advantage. Skull/Halloween patterns on a jump may give a surprising effect. Dark colors, themed colors, etc may also add to your course.
1st - 5 ES points - 1st place Halloween themed ribbon
2nd - 4 ES points - 2nd place Halloween themed ribbon
3rd - 3 ES points - 3rd place Halloween themed ribbon
4th- 2 ES points - 4th place Halloween themed ribbon
5th - 1 ES points - 5th place Halloween themed ribbon
All participants will receive a more general Halloween themed ribbon
STABLE REPRESENTED BY RIDER •
CLASS # •
RIDER'S NAME •
HORSE'S SHOW NAME •
GENDER OF HORSE •
HORSE'S PROFILE PAGE (IF APPLICABLE) •
REGISTRY & REGISTRATION # IF APPLICABLE •
FOR CLASS 3 ONLY, WHAT SUPERNATURAL BEING IS RIDER AND/OR HORSE? •